6 New Year's Resolutions for Beautiful Skin
The New Year has begun and most people are still struggling to find a definitive resolution which can be fulfilled with conviction. Every year people think about losing the excess flab, learning a new art form, or scaling new heights at work. However, there are very few who pay attention to their skin. Undoubtedly, healthy skin is an important part of your well-being. Although the number of people visiting laser clinics in Melbourne has improved significantly, the knowledge about gaining a smooth and blemish-free skin is still minimal. Thus the beginning of the New Year is a good time to make the promise of working on a dedicated skin care routine. A resolution can help you stay focussed and bring out the best in you. So here are a few ideas to get you started.
1. Stay Safe In The SunIf you are not used to applying sunscreen, then make it a part of your daily routine in 2020. It is not something to be used only on the beach or while swimming. It is required every time you step out in the scorching sun. The ultraviolet sunrays not only cause sunburn but are also responsible for skin damage, such as dark spots, wrinkles, discolouration, etc. A broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or above is recommended by dermatologists across the world. You must apply it 15-20 minutes before going out on all the uncovered parts of your body and reapply it after every few hours.
2. Know Your SkinYou may have not given it a thought, but visiting a skin clinic to understand your skin type is essential. It allows you to know your skin type – oily, dry, normal, or combination. It will help you to pick the right skin care products and cosmetics based on your skin tone and type. A regular check-up with the dermatologist has become even more necessary in the current times as our skin is subjected to a variety of ill-effects, such as high temperature, pollution, dust, food habits, unhealthy lifestyle choices and more. You can also get your skin tested for hydration and pigmentation to bring the required changes in your routine and work towards a healthier skin.
3. Exfoliate and MoisturiseExfoliation is required to remove the dead skin cells from the surface and allow the new cells to come out. You must exfoliate your skin twice a week and then moisturise it to keep it hydrated. Make sure that you do not go overboard with the exfoliation as it strips the skin of the natural oils. So drink lots of water and apply a light moisturiser afterwards to keep your skin hydrated. Exfoliation is useful for people with blemished skin as it helps in the elimination of the bacteria resulting in breakouts. It is also beneficial for people with clogged pores and flaky skin. It works wonders on ingrown hair by allowing them to come out and fades suntan by removing the dead cells.
4. Stick To A Skincare RoutineMany people have the habit of trying out every new product that comes out in the market. However, it is the worst thing to do to your skin. You must find the cosmetic products that suit your skin and then stick to them. It is essential because different brands and products have different ingredients which have varying effect on your skin. For instance, retinol-based products must be used at night along with the application of sunscreen during the day. Also, you must stick to a regimen for at least three months before making a switch to get the results you are seeking. If you keep changing over, it can play havoc on your skin’s health. Additionally, you should not keep the old products stored away in your cupboards for ages. Keep checking the expiry dates to avoid any infections or breakouts.
5. Lifestyle ChangesA healthy lifestyle can bring about a rewarding change in your body. Unwholesome and harmful habits can make your skin appear older and frail. Thus you must exercise regularly to improve the blood circulation in your system and increase your immunity to keep infections at bay. Eat a balanced diet enriched with all the essential nutrients so that you skin keeps glowing. Also, beauty sleep is not a myth. You need to sleep for at least seven hours to keep the radiance intact because your skin repairs while you sleep. Stay away from cigarettes as smoking is known to age your skin considerably. Lastly, you must drink more than two litres of water every day.
6. Makeup RulesAlways remove your makeup before you go to sleep. It is vital because the generous amounts of compact, blush and primer that cover your face clog the pores and can lead to breakouts and blackheads. Do not use a face wipe too often on your skin as it does not remove the dirt and makeup. It simply pushes the makeup around on the face. Dermatologists at laser clinics in Melbourne recommend using the traditional method of water and a cleanser to clean your face. Also, you must clean your makeup brushes every week using warm water and shampoo to avoid the build up of cosmetics on the bristles.
ConclusionSo if you haven’t got a resolution yet, then usher in 2020 with these beauty guidelines that will help you to enjoy a smoother skin throughout the year. The New Year is the best time to make new beginnings. So get started!
18 FEB 2020
27 JAN 2020
06 JAN 2020
19 DEC 2019
06 NOV 2019
25 SEP 2019
21 AUG 2019
21 JUN 2019
14 JUN 2019
24 MAY 2019
22 MAY 2019
18 MAY 2019
04 JAN 2019