7 Things To Do Before Your Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- 7 Things To Do Before Your Laser Hair Removal Treatments
7 Things To Do Before Your Laser Hair Removal Treatments
More often than not, body hair is a nuisance, which merely adds to your hygiene-related chores. Every time you are going out or wearing a short dress, you have to go through the messy grind of painful waxing, tweezing or shaving. However, these days most people rely upon laser hair removal in Melbourne to get rid of the unwanted stubble. It is becoming increasingly popular as it offers a more permanent solution than any other method of hair removal. The laser treatment is painless and removes ingrown hair too. It is safe and works on all skin types and tones without leaving any scars. However, you need to improve your knowledge about the treatment before you begin your first session. The laser hair removal process involves using a concentrated laser beam on the hair, which is absorbed by the melanin present in the strand. The heat produced from the light destroys the hair follicles and prevents the growth of new hair. The treatment is spread over a few sessions, and annual touch-ups are required to stay hair-free. If you are planning to undergo the procedure, you need to find the best skin clinic in your vicinity and consult the technician to get the required instructions. Also, you need to prepare for the session in advance. Here is a list of seven things that must be done before the laser hair removal procedure.
1. Run A Patch Test At The ClinicWhen you find a reputable skin clinic with experienced and certified technicians, you should meet them for a consultation. During the first meeting, the practitioner will examine your skin and understand your requirements. Different skin types react to the laser in different ways. This is the reason why the technician will conduct path test before the laser hair removal treatment begins to check your skin’s response to the light. The test aids in determining whether the treatment is suitable for your skin or not. If all goes well, then you will be provided with a date for the first session after making you understand the extent of the procedure.
2. Say No To Waxing and TweezingDuring the first meeting, the laser technician will inform you about the pre-treatment guidelines, which should be followed strictly. The most significant one of these is abstaining from waxing and tweezing as these procedures remove the hair from its roots. The laser works on the hair follicles, and if the roots are missing, it cannot work on hair removal. Thus you must stop waxing or plucking at least a month or six weeks before the appointment. You can continue shaving if you want to remove the unwanted hair.
3. Shave The Area Before LaserAlthough you will be shaving the area, doing so 24-48 hours before the session is a must. It is crucial because it improves the chances of achieving better results as the follicle is intact and not much part of the hair is visible above the skin. So the laser can detect the follicle and work on it entirely rather than working on the length of the hair. The effectiveness of the procedure is dependent on the pre and post-care, so make sure you follow it religiously.
4. Stay Away From The UV RaysAny kind of sun exposure or sunbathing must be avoided when you are planning to undergo the laser hair removal treatment as tanned skin is not ideal for the procedure. If you already have a tan, then you will have to wait until it fades to start the treatment. You can’t even use tanning beds as a laser on tanned skin can lead to blistering and inflammation. So make sure you cover yourself appropriately while going out in the sun and wear sunscreen while going out.
5. Don’t Use Cosmetics And CreamsWhen you are going for the first appointment, make sure that you have not applied any creams or cosmetics on your skin which is to be treated. Wash your skin with the help of mild soap and remove all cosmetic leftovers, such as deodorant, lotion, makeup, etc. Do not moisturise your skin on that day as it should be clean and dry for the treatment. If you have the habit of bleaching your skin, then make sure that you stop at least six weeks before the session to ensure the pigment of your hair is not altered.
6. Stay Away From MedicationsYou must inform your technician about all the medicines you are consuming or ointments that you are applying. It is important because some of these medicines can interfere with the treatment by making your skin sensitive to light, which can cause burns and blistering. Thus you must check with your dermatologist about all the medicines that are part of your daily routine or those which you might have started recently.
7. Prepare For The SessionYou must be mentally prepared for the treatment as it will be completed over a span of four to five sessions depending upon the area that needs to be covered and your skin type. The sessions will be spaced four to six weeks apart. So make sure that you don’t plan any beach holidays during this period and avoid the sun and follow the instructions for post-care. You must also avoid caffeine intake on the day of the appointment and opt for decaffeinated beverages to stay calm.
ConclusionIf you have decided to undergo laser hair removal in Melbourne, then make sure that you adhere to all the things mentioned above. Also, keep the directions provided by your technician in mind to make the treatment effective and safe.
18 FEB 2020
27 JAN 2020
06 JAN 2020
19 DEC 2019
06 NOV 2019
25 SEP 2019
21 AUG 2019
21 JUN 2019
14 JUN 2019
24 MAY 2019
22 MAY 2019
18 MAY 2019
04 JAN 2019