Bad Skincare Habits You Need To Break!
It may have never occurred to you, but your habits might be the biggest roadblock in achieving flawless skin. We all have some inadvertent quirks which make us harm our skin and restrict it from glowing the way it should. If you are guilty of such odd traits, then it is time to get rid of the unhealthy mannerisms and adopt a skincare routine that allows your skin to feel invigorated. All the renowned skin clinics in Melbourne ask their clients to break the bad skincare habits as their first step towards gaining the much sought-after radiance. So here is a list of the mistakes that should not be a part of your life from now on.
1. Not Removing Your Makeup At NightYou may know the golden rule, but find it hard to follow when you are heading home after a party and have to reach office in the morning. The hurry to get into bed and wake up on time makes you skip the clean-up. However, this is the worst way to treat your skin. By all means, you must wash your face and remove all the makeup before going to bed. It takes off the oil and dirt build-up from the day and unclogs the pores. If you avoid this, you are most likely going to end up with skin breakouts, irritations and even premature ageing. If you are feeling a bit lazy, then you can use a cleansing water solution and cotton balls to eliminate all the impurities.
2. Forgetting To Apply SunscreenAs we all know that skin cancer is a prevalent disease in Australia. In 2016, 1770 died of melanoma. Thus the use of sunscreen becomes all the more imperative every time you step out in the sun. An SPF 30 or above sunscreen is recommended by dermatologists to avoid sun damage which includes brown spots, wrinkles and freckles. Some people believe that SPF in makeup can protect them from UV radiations. However, it is important to note that it does not provide a thorough cover like the sunscreen. Make sure that you don’t leave your home without applying sunscreen on all the exposed areas and repeat the application after every few hours.
3. Popping The Pimples And BlackheadsIf you hate your skin, then you can continue picking at it. However, if you have some love for it, then stop picking right away. Of course, the nasty pimple on the face doesn’t look good when you are going to work or meeting someone special. However, you got to keep your hands busy with other chores to avoid picking. The reason behind controlling this behaviour is that your hands touch thousands of surfaces throughout the day and are covered with germs. Using dirty hands on your face can lead to bacterial infections and popping of pimples or blackheads can create permanent scars and blemishes. It can aggravate the breakout and worsen your skin condition. So wash your hands before putting them on your face and consult a dermatologist for breakouts. Also, exfoliate regularly to keep the blackheads away.
4. Not Cleaning Your Makeup BrushesIt is not uncommon to find makeup brushes loaded with cosmetic product leftovers, dust, dirt, dead skin cells, etc. The sponges are a step ahead of brushes as they can become the breeding grounds for moulds, if not cleaned properly. These dirty makeup applications tools can lead to skin infections and acne, so make sure you wash them with baby shampoo and warm water after every use. Dry them with a towel and reshape them before putting them back. It will also help you to avoid mixing up of the different makeup shades in your kit.
5. Not Moisturising Your SkinLike exfoliation, regular moisturising of the skin is an essential part of the daily skincare routine. It is vital even for people with oily skin as it helps in maintaining the oil balance and does not lead to dryness or oiliness. In fact, it should be a part of your New Year’s resolutions for beautiful skin as it makes sure that your skin is hydrated. A well-moisturised skin will make your face appear smoother, radiant and will delay the process of ageing. You must know your skin type while picking the perfect moisturiser for yourself. People with oily skin should opt for a lightweight lotion, and those with combination skin should look for a balanced moisturiser. Also, you must drink a lot of water throughout the day to keep your skin looking younger.
6. Using The Same Products For Too LongMany of us have a favourite cream or cosmetic product, which we think is working well for us. Thus we keep using it for years. However, we fail to understand that our skin keeps changing with time. The signs of ageing start appearing as we cross 30, and the pollution levels and climate also take a toll on our skin. That is why you must keep changing your skincare routine as per the need of the time. Also, you must not use too many products at the same time as the different ingredients can react to each other and cause skin damage. Read the list of the contents and do a spot test before mixing two products.
ConclusionIt is quite possible that you may be responsible for the sunspots, wrinkles and blemishes on your skin due to your bad habits. So make sure that you do not indulge in the things mentioned above to improve the health of your skin and make it more appealing.
12 MAR 2020
18 FEB 2020
27 JAN 2020
06 JAN 2020
19 DEC 2019
06 NOV 2019
25 SEP 2019
21 AUG 2019
21 JUN 2019
14 JUN 2019
24 MAY 2019
22 MAY 2019
18 MAY 2019
04 JAN 2019