Laser Hair Removal: Benefits, Precautions and Cost
Hair removal has always been a priority for women for looking beautiful, groomed, and smooth for ages. However, the traditional ways of getting rid of unwanted hair have created more nuisance and pain than desired.
Thus, laser hair removal in Melbourne is becoming increasingly popular as a more permanent solution to the problem. Whether it is shaving, waxing, or tweezing, every hair removal method leads to side effects and problems such as ingrown hair, thick stubble, pain, etc.
Thus, most women and even men prefer to undergo laser treatment to become hair-free for an extended period and enjoy the advantages of the procedure. If you are planning to leverage technological advancement, here is a list of its benefits, precautions, and cost to get you started.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- Permanent Solution
The results of laser hair removal last for six months to one year. The hair that regrows is often scarce and thin and can be quickly removed with touch-up appointments to maintain a hair-free look. People with less hair growth often do not get any regrowth, while others may witness a few strands that are almost not visible.
- No Ingrown Hair
Shaving can lead to ingrown hair that appears in the form of dark bumps on the skin that can get infected and become painful. Laser hair removal does not cause any ingrown hair and even gets rid of the bumps to make your skin smooth and soft.
- Less Expensive
Although you have to pay a bigger amount upfront, you end up saving a lot more in the long run because laser hair removal requires very few sessions as compared to traditional methods of hair removal.
Waxing, shaving, plucking and hair removal creams all need to be used regularly to keep the hair away. If you add up the cost of shaving or waxing for a lifetime, you will realise that you will save much more if you opt for laser treatment.
- Safe and Successful
Laser hair removal is safe, convenient, and effective. When performed by an expert with a license and an advanced laser system, it does not cause any side effects and removes hair entirely by destroying the hair follicles.
The highly targeted laser beam works only on the hair and does not affect the surrounding skin tissue. It can be used on any part of the body, ranging from underarms and bikini line to the face and neck.
- Quick Appointments
The latest laser systems remove several hair strands at a fraction of a second. So, smaller areas take only a few minutes while the larger areas like full legs take up to an hour. However, it cannot be completed in one session, and you will have to visit the skin clinic several times, depending on the area that needs to be treated.
- Minimum Pain
It is not as painful as people think. Laser treatment feels like a rubber band snapping on the skin. If you are sensitive to even a slight sensation on the skin, the practitioner can help you by applying a numbing cream.
Precautions to take During Laser Hair Removal
- Avoid exposing the area to be treated to direct sunlight before, during and after the laser treatment as the skin needs to be in perfect condition for the procedure. Tanned or sunburnt skin can lead to pigmentation and even burning.
- Stop waxing or plucking hair from the area that needs to be treated as these procedures remove hair from the follicle. It must be stopped six weeks before the appointment to get the best results. The laser works on the follicles, so they need to be intact at the time of the treatment.
- The area to be treated should be shaved the night before the procedure. For the appointment, you must clean the skin and do not apply any creams or deodorants or perfumes.
- Inform the practitioner about your medical history and any medication that you are taking to ensure that it does not interfere with your treatment.
- Do not involve yourself in rigorous physical activities 2 hours before and after the sessions as increased body temperature and blood pressure are not recommended for the treatment.
- Do not take any painkillers without the recommendation of the practitioner, as some of the medicines can make your skin photosensitive. Thus, check with the practitioner before consuming any medicine before or after the appointment.
- If you are pregnant, you should not undergo laser hair removal treatment. Also, laser hair removal cannot work over tattoos.
Cost of Laser Hair Removal
The price for laser hair removal can start from as low as $15 and can go up to $200, depending on the area that needs to be covered. For example, if you wish to get your upper lip hair removed, you will be paying a minimal amount.
On the other hand, if you wish to get full legs treated, you will be paying close to $200. Many clinics offer discount packages and other services. You can consult the practitioner before taking the plunge to understand the exact cost and duration of the treatment.
If you are planning to undergo laser hair removal in Melbourne, you must be aware of the benefits, precautions, and cost of the treatment to make sure you are equipped with all the required information. So, keep the pointers mentioned above in mind to stay up to date.